Friday 19 April 2013

Baked Potato Bar

 
Having friends over for dinner on a weeknight is a great mid-week pick me up, but the 'prep work' at the end of a long day of 'work work' can sometimes put me off. A one pot meal is usually my plan, but recently I decided to give a spud bar a go. Most toppings need little preparation and everyone can customize their meal. Thanks to my wonderful mixologist and dessert queen friends who made the night utterly delicious!
 
 
 

 
Baked potatoes
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and place a piece of aluminum foil on the lowest shelf.
  2. Prick potatoes all over with a fork.
  3. Rub with oil and salt.
  4. Bake directly on the oven racks for 45 (small) to 1 hour (medium), or until a knife cuts through easily.
  5. Serve with toppings: I used baked beans, steamed broccoli and asparagus, butter, corn, cheese, sour cream, chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment