Thursday 29 May 2014

Adventures In Food: Peru

 
{Peru: land of the potato}

I enjoyed eating in Peru. Apart from those shown here, we had excellent meals on the Inca Trail and with our homestay family on Isla Amantani, Lake Titicaca. In an effort to properly enjoy those experiences I didn't take photos, but respective highlights included quinoa custard for dessert and a simple lunch of boiled potatoes, fried queso (cheese) and salad.
 
 
 
{canchita}
 
Deep fried and salted corn, this is a moreish snack! Essential for bus trips.
 
 
{munyo? tea}
 
Much nicer than coca leaf tea, it tastes minty and helps with the altitude.
 
 
{ocopa arequipeña}
 
 I tried this in Arequipa, hence the name, however I think this boiled potato with peanut sauce dish is available throughout Peru.
 
 
 
{pisco sour}
 
To me, pisco belongs to Peru since I tried it there first! (Chile also make a claim to it). This cocktail tasted like margarita.
 
 
{sopa de quinoa}
 
Quinoa and soup come together... this dish is doubly Peruvian.

No comments:

Post a Comment